What we do at Friends1st
What makes our Christian Introduction Service unique!
We are proud of offering Christians a Christian introduction service that is professional, confidential, personal and very friendly – if you value these things then the friendsfirst introduction service is for you. You are at the core of our service, and at the heart of everything we do. We know our members appreciate the support they get from us and that this is often the factor that makes the difference in membership being a success or failure.
What we provide
When you join friendsfirst we will handcraft a profile for you ensuring it puts across the essence of who you really are. You’ll receive this at the beginning of your membership along with your FREE copy of our 32 page illustrated book: ‘Top tips for making new friends and enjoying successful relationships’ and a copy of the book relevant to your marital status. When you are happy with your profile it will then be circulated to other members every month. In turn you will then receive regular mailings of other members’ personal profiles . You choose how frequently you want these mailings to be. These profiles contain detailed information about other members; they reveal more than people’s basic interests – you’ll read about their real personality, their faith and other things that are important to them. If you would like to see how a profile looks, click here. People are selected for you on the basis that they fall within your specified age range and live as locally to you as possible. However, since this might not always be possible, we may also send you profiles of other members whom we think may be of interest to you.
What you do
When you receive your profiles you then choose who to contact. If a profile captures your interest, you can make contact via telephone, email or through the post – a box number system is available, administered by friendsfirst, which allows you to correspond confidentially and safely without releasing your address.Throughout, you can be confident that we offer you as much support as you need at every point in your membership. The friendsfirst team is always delighted to offer encouragement and advice and we don’t just wait for you to call us – we actively stay in touch to ensure you are getting the most from your membership.
How we match
friendsfirst provides a Christian introduction service that helps you find the sort of Christian friends you’re looking for. We are not like a dating agency. We believe that each person is a unique individual, and as such cannot be categorized neatly into boxes. We believe that computer ‘match-making’ and lengthy interviews do not help people get to know each other – in fact, such processes may actually restrict their choice. Instead, friendsfirst allows you to remain in control of who you contact and meet. We provide you with detailed information about other members in the knowledge that you will make the best and the right decision. We strive to give you the widest possible choice, and the confidence to take that ‘next step’.
How we ensure your safety and security
We ask all applicant members to provide friendsfirst with one form of identification. Please send us either a copy of your driving licence or passport, or alternatively a copy of a recent bank statement or a utility bill in your name, that shows your address.
Also, for security reasons, friendsfirst administered box numbers, rather than addresses, are provided in the profiles. Your address is never circulated by us to any other member. If you are happy for fellow members to contact you by telephone or email, please include the details on your application form. Your address will NEVER be given out – this is ALWAYS and at ALL times kept confidential.
We can also provide members with their own personal friends1st email address eg John1234@friends1st.co.uk. All emails sent to this address are automatically rerouted to your personal email address – giving you added security of not having to reveal your personal email address should you not want to.
friendsfirst holds members’ details on computer, and is registered with the Office of the Data Protection Registrar. This data is used exclusively by friendsfirst and will not be sold, lent or hired to any other organisation or individual.
Benefits of membership
As a member of the friendsfirst Christian introduction service, you can expect:
- Many opportunities to meet other people
- No restrictions on the number of people you can meet
- The chance to meet fellow Christians for whom faith is important
- Choice about who you meet – we provide you with the information to make the choices you want.
- Detailed information about other members that reveals more than their basic interests – that reveals their real personality and things that are important to them.
- A very personalised service – you are not just a name on a computer – we know all our clients and love to support them throughout their membership.
- The opportunity to meet people who are the right age for you – we don’t give you people who you’d say are too young or old for you although we will encourage you not to limit yourself by age
- Confidence that the organisation is backed by churches – we’re not a fly by night operation – here today and gone tomorrow.
- Confidence about the confidentiality and security of the information you provide to us
- Email rerouting service.
- UK based members only.
- An organisation that people join often on the recommendation of friends who are or have been members.
- Your own hand-crafted profile that really puts the essence of who you are across.
- Detailed information about other members that lets you know who they are.
- Support at every point of your membership – we are here to help you get the most from it.
- An organisation which prides itself on working with integrity and honesty
- Guidance in how to go about making or responding to the first contact.
- Guidance about meeting people.
- Reduced prices on our chargeable events (our member dinners and lunches are included in the membership packages)
- Choice about how often you receive other people’s details.
- A discreet and highly confidential service.
- A professional service that puts you at the heart of everything we do.
- Opportunity to upgrade your membership at any point.
- A service which puts you in control.
- A FREE copy of our 32 page illustrated book – ‘TOP TIPS for making new friends and enjoying successful relationships’
- Complimentary copy of a relevant book depending on your marital status
People like you use our Christian introduction service to find new friends and soul mates. Many find a life partner through us.
Like other members before you, you are likely to join us because you are someone who is serious about finding someone special in your life. You want to move new friendships forward and meet new people. We aren’t for people who are ‘flirting with the idea of dating’. You’ll recognise that this is a process – not something that can be test driven over a short period.
During your membership you’ll receive many interesting profiles of other Christians who are in your age range – giving you lots of details about them and reasons to want to make contact. We are always here to help and encourage you to make contact and start making new friends.
You’ll recognise the value of all the detailed advice, support, encouragement and assistance that is available to you if you want it. It’s this support that makes friendsfirst so successful with all sorts of people and has led to so many of our members getting married.
You know that you are in experienced hands. You might be nervous but underneath you’ll be raring to go. Just decide which level of membership is right for you, and we’ll get you going. Your dreams are about to come true.